Things to pack for a trip with POTS

 I'm visiting our families in Oregon for a few weeks! I'm really excited. 



I've gotten the hang of learning what to pack so as to be prepared for a POTS flare even when I'm away from home. So while my suitcase will have lots of the normal things, I will also be packing the following: 


Compression socks

I wear compression socks whenever I am having a bad POTS day. I know there are a lot of fun ones online, but I prefer these black ones. They work really well for me and match everything while providing the perfect amount of compression. 


Hot Water Bottle

I personally tend to get cold, especially in my hands and feet. One of the things that helps me to feel warmer fast, as well as deal with cramps and pain, is a Hot Water Bottle And, as dumb as it sounds, I really wanted a pink one. I am planning on making a little sweater for it in the future, but for now, this one does a great job and has held up nicely.


Blood Pressure Cuff

Anytime I'm having an off day or feeling not quite myself, I can usually take my blood pressure and find out why. I like this one because it's small and works well. It's also easy enough to use that I can get it going around a faint without too much of a hassle.


Probiotic Gummies

I always deal with tummy troubles when I'm traveling; it's the worst! One thing that has been helping me lately is these probiotic gummies. I'm not a doctor by any stretch, but I feel like they have helped a lot since a recent round with antibiotics that really messed up my stomach. 


Headphones

I love using music and podcasts for many things, but I also really like noise-canceling ones for airplanes. Kevin got me these ones a while back and they work great; not too expensive, but still work well for what I need. Plust, they can fold up in their little bag so nicely!


Charging stand

I really like having my phone and watch where I can see them, especially since I use my phone for meditation and white noise. I got this stand a while back and have used it every single night ever since. I am bringing this with me for a little bit of peace of mind, and because it's harder to lose,


Mint Gum

Since I deal with pressure sickness and nausea, I always bring mint gum. Plus, if I ever have bad breath it's ready! 


Herbal Tea

Now that I have a great bedtime routine involving tea, I have no intention of going without it. I got this tea pack a while back and have enjoyed every single flavor. I'll probably bring a couple bags from each.


Pill Organizer

Obviously, I can't go for two weeks without my supplements and electrolytes. I just got this organizer for the trip, and I'm hoping it works! 


Most importantly: Electrolytes!

Truth be told, I can't go a single day without electrolytes anymore. The ones that work best for me are LMNT and when I take them, I have almost no POTS symptoms. I love the chocolate flavor and the raspberry the most! 


Let me know if there's anything else I should add to the list!



Blessings,


Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts