New thing: Running

 

One thing I have never been very good at is running or jogging.

I used to be in great shape, but even then I was terrible at running. I hated it. 

At the time, I found that I was much more miserable than if I did cardio by dancing or cardio incorporated into a workout. It just didn't seem like a good fit. I didn't know it, but I was already dealing with POTS in a way that made it hard for me to do cardio. Even at peak fitness, my heart was technically not in great shape. I had a Fitbit and it let me know all the time that my cardio was in sorry shape, just because my heart overreacted to any kind of cardio exercise. 

Now though, I am managing my POTS much better and learning how to care for my body. And, one day, it all came together and I decided I wanted to start running. I have incorporated running into a few of my walks now and actually really enjoyed it. I felt good afterward because I knew I needed to prepare my body correctly. Now that I know how to do that, running doesn't seem so impossible.


I'm using the Nike Run Club app to motivate me. I can't run a lot, and certainly not for long distances or time, but just having the encouragement of a coach makes me feel like it might be a possibility to get up and go for a run someday. I'm so excited about this new journey and where it is going to take me.


Anyways, just wanted to let you know that if you feel like your body can handle it, push it a little bit! Change always starts outside of your comfort zone. Nothing changes if nothing changes. Make that change you've been waiting around for and do it today! 


Blessings,


Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts