Valentine's Day

 


I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!

If you didn't know, Valentine's Day is actually one of my favorite holidays ♥ It's right after my birthday, has all of my favorite colors, and celebrates love and kindness. While a lot of people associate it with gifts and a fancy dinner, we tend to keep it low-key and stay home. Here's what I did this year:

I got up at my usual time and took a shower; I'm trying to get a wound to heal up really well, so I've been taking a lot more showers than usual. Then I made a breakfast featuring a strawberry, banana, and chocolate smoothie (my favorite!) and made some Valentine's Day tea. I then proceeded with my usual chores and tasks until the afternoon, when Kevin was done with work. We had a nice dinner at home, went to Target, and then snuggled and went to sleep.

This year my focus was much more on self-care, as I incorporated it throughout my day. I'm learning that it's better to lay down and take a rest sometimes instead of always fighting through. I love having a relaxing evening where I'm not sick or overly tired because it's when Kevin and I can connect.

I also love to celebrate Galentine's Day, but as I live somewhere far away from my friends, I don't really have the ability to host a party. I like sending out cards though!

 I used to be disappointed when I wasn't swept off my feet on Valentine's Day, but I've made my peace with the version we have now. Kevin shows me how much he loves me every single day, so I don't need to put so much importance on a holiday. 


How was your Valentine's Day? I would love to hear all about it.



Blessings,


Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts