My New Year's Goals

 


Now that the Christmas season has wrapped up, I am looking forward to the New Year.


I did a post about resolutions, but I wanted to really focus on my personal goals for the new year.

 Goal 1: Exercise

I am really struggling with not exercising right now. I used to be a group fitness instructor and helped get people moving all the time. At one point, I was exercising around two hours a day and had 15.7% body fat. I was in the best shape of my whole life and felt amazing!


But now I have gained weight and find exercise so much harder now that I have POTS. I have consistently taken short walks during the day and have made sure to stretch often, but I miss having muscles! It really sucks. I also would like to improve my core strength this year because that helps with so many aspects of life. 

How am I going to do this? Well, I love Blogilates, Nike Training Club, and Yoga with Adriene, so I have decided to do one video or workout a day; on the days I'm really not feeling well, I plan on doing a gentle video of Adriene's or on the NTC app. On days I'm doing well, I am going to do a little bit more intense of a workout. I know that changing positions is really tough, so I'll do a standing or mat workout and be mindful of transitioning. Also, inversions are really hard if you have POTS! 



Goal 2: Get Making with Meaning going!

For too long I have depended on the occasional market or the orders from friends and loved ones to make my yarn art sustain itself. This year I want to really get it going and let it support more than just the hobby; I would like to see it bring a little bit more income. With this in mind, here are the exact things I want to see happen:

  • Get a website or Etsy platform in place where I can direct people
  • Get shipping nailed down to a science
  • Design a logo that I can put on business cards, website, etc
  • Make some money!



Goal 3: Read a book every month

This one is pretty self-explanatory. I have a book list that I work through (rather slowly) and would like to get through more of it this year. I have a mix of every genre on there, but mostly I'm focusing on spiritual living and theology, self-help, a few mysteries, and some non-fictional. Should I share my journey here?



Anyways, those are my goals for 2022. What are yours?


Blessings,

Jessica


Comments

Popular Posts