My biggest supporter

 


Recently this picture came up in my memories because of a photo prompt on Instagram: What is your favorite photo?

This one is still one of my favorites, even though it was years ago. We still love to laugh! But seeing this picture made me realize that if it wasn't for Kevin, my life would be dramatically different. So I thought I would take a minute and discuss Kevin, my biggest supporter, and love of my life ♥ 


Kevin and I met at a college group at church. If I'm honest, I didn't immediately hit it off with him. There were a lot of rumors around him and we didn't "click" until we had been talking for a few weeks.

It was on my birthday that I sat next time him and actually gave him the time of day. We talked about music and everything else that came up as small talk. He was sneaky and friended me on Facebook. 

From there, we just became really good friends. I wasn't really interested in a relationship but was open to going on a date but agreed to go after being friends for a while. I had a great time. We clicked. 

We've been married for three years, which is hard to believe. So much has happened in those few years that it feels more like 10. We've both grown a lot. 

We love friends. Old friends, new friends, shy friends, loud friends. We love the church and serving. We both adopted minimalism and practice keeping only things we love and need. We're not very good at cooking but we're trying to learn. 

We laugh every day. Even on my worst day, Kevin can get me to laugh. I feel my worries and pain wash away when I'm with him. He has helped me process having POTS better than anything else. He really is the person I dreamed of having in my life as a kid. The best friend, great lover, and hilarious companion. My whole world. I hope that everyone can find their "Kevin." 

I love him so much. 

Blessings,

Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts