Coming through a migraine

 



Today is the first day that I feel human in what feels like ages!

On Halloween, we went to a party and I think I was "glutened"--meaning that somehow I accidentally ended up eating a small amount of gluten. I am Celiac, so it always triggers a lot of problems for me.

I woke up on Monday with the first migraine I've had since I was a teenager. I had everything: the aura, the horrible headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, the whole nine yards. I was achy and my POTS was aggressive on top of it all. I could barely function. I stayed in bed from Sunday night until today when I woke up finally feeling okay. I took a few Ibuprofen and felt even better. 

I asked on Instagram and on the POTS Facebook page I'm part of what they do for migraines and got some great tips. I ended up finding that being in warm water helped me, as did an ice pack on my forehead. It's been so long since I had one that I forgot what all I did to help it. 

All this is to say that if you regularly deal with migraines, I see you! They are debilitating and painful, so much more than a normal headache. Thanks to everyone who helped me with coming through mine, I feel much better now.


Blessings,

Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts