Roadtripping with POTS

 


I'm getting ready to leave my home state of Oregon and move to Texas for the foreseeable future.

I'm so excited, but also sad. I love the beauty in Oregon, how much of it is untouched, and the sheer number of trees, which significantly outnumber the people who live here.

I'm excited about driving across the country but also nervous--I have been worried about having a flair-up while going across the country with my in-laws, husband, and dog. I'm glad they are all coming because they offer a lot of support.

I asked a POTS group on Facebook for tips for road tripping and collected them here: 

  • Compression socks!!
  • Bring salty snacks and have them available 
  • Drink plenty of water & electrolytes 
  • Periodically change the position of your seat
  • Wear good sunglasses
  • Pull over and stretch every few hours
  • I like drinking lemon salty water because it helps with motion sickness
Hope these are handy! 

Blessings,
Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts