Big Changes

 



I can't believe it--we are moving to Texas!

We have wanted to explore and move out of the state since we were dating. And, with the success of Kevin's business, we are able to do so in the next couple of months. I'm so nervous, excited, and sad at the same time. 

I'm excited because it's been a goal for so long and we can finally do it. I'm nervous because my health and the many changes that are coming could be challenging. I'm nervous because my family and home are here in the PNW. I will miss the rain, the neverending green, the hipsters, even the weirdness. I will miss it so much.

But in Texas, we have so many opportunities coming our way. We could afford a house there. We can grow a lot. We can find who we are as a couple outside of the enmeshment of our families. We will make our own traditions and figure out our own beliefs in God and everything else in life. 

Here are the things I'm thinking about in the coming months:

• Knowing when to give my two-week notice. I will be so sad. This job was exactly what I wanted to do and what I needed for this season in my life. I will miss it.

• How to balance living with Kevin's family again. It was tricky before; it will be nigh IMPOSSIBLY awkward now.

• The moving to Texas itself. It will be a lot of driving and I am nervous about my POTS.

• Finding a job in TX could prove difficult for me; settling into a completely new state will be tricky but good for us both. 


The main thing I'm thinking about with this move is that I will miss the little things we do with our families. Hanging out on Sundays. Helping harvest. Going out to dinner on a whim. The little things like that add up to a lot to me; don't get me started on holidays. It will be a good experience and I'm so grateful for this opportunity. We could use any prayers you could send our way.

Blessings,

Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts