A handful of Self-Care Ideas

 



I think at this point, everyone knows that self-care is important.

For me, doing enough self-care after a bad day can be the difference between a full-blown flair-up and a single recovery day. 

Here are a few of the things I like to do to take care of myself, some on good days and some on tougher days: 


  • Making a cup of hot tea if I'm cold or iced tea if I'm overheating 
  • Yoga, consisting of anything between mindful breathing and a full hour of work
  • Resting and cuddling my dog
  • Doing a facial or a "spa shower" 
  • Soaking my feet in Epsom salt 
  • Tending my plants
  • Getting my nails done
  • Going for a walk 
  • Listening to an audiobook
  • Playing piano
  • Watching a favorite movie--Frozen II and Moana are my current favorites
  • Putting a cool, damp washcloth on my forehead or around my neck
  • Massaging Tiger Balm into areas that are in pain
  • Watching Reels on Instagram
  • Calling my mom or Oma
  • Cooking a new dish
  • Diffusing essential oils or lighting a candle
  • Journaling

These are my favorite ways to take care of myself; what are some of yours? 


Blessings,

Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts