Routines Part 2: Evening

 





Corny picture, I know. We were playing around with our phones and thought we would try a cool plant one. Plus I just got this shirt and thought it deserved some attention.

I recently did a post about my morning routines that set me up for success during the day. Here are some that I do in the evening that set me up for success the next day:




Good Days

Odds are, if I was feeling good I went to work. So upon returning home from work, I put everything I took with me to work completely away. I do not let it sit on the counter, table, or other surfaces because that means more work for future me. After I put everything away, I complete the chore for that day of the week, cook dinner, and hang laundry. I feel spoiled because my washer has a setting on it so I can have it done when I get home from work and set it up for the next day to be done the same way. I love that I do not have to decide if I am going to do laundry; if this were the case, I would probably never do it! 
Usually, during all of this, I'm sipping on water or tea. I don't drink any coffee after 1600 or it keeps me up. When I am all done with chores, I have dinner with my husband, and then we either take a walk, watch tv, or work at our desks on our business together. I love those times we spend together.
I have my phone set a little bedtime reminder that lets me know when it's time to put screens away and start winding down. 
My bedtime routine at this point is this:
• Brush my teeth
• Take care of my skin
• Pull out clothes for the next day
• Prep breakfast
• Get in pajamas
• Read or listen to a story for a while 
• Asleep by 9

Bad Days

Now, on bad days, I usually get "ready" in the afternoon. I try to shower, take care of my skin, and get into clean clothes sans bra so that I can keep resting but feel put together. It works wonders for me.
In these instances, I usually do not have a reason to start getting ready for bed too early because I am already mostly in pajamas and resting. On these days, when my reminder goes off, I do the following:
• Try to do some light stretching or yoga; even some mindful breathing helps
• If possible, take a shower (usually a colder one helps)
• Drink some herbal tea 
• Cuddle with my husband or Autumn
• Listen to a calming  podcast



Every day, no matter what
• Put water on the nightstand
• Blood pressure cuff within reach
• Phone, watch, alarm clock all set for the next day
• Current book on the nightstand
• Crochet/knitting project 
• Prep clothes & skin for next day
• Put on comfy, clean clothes
• Stretch


Let me know what routines you have and what works for you!

Blessings,

Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts