Routines Part 1: Morning



 Morning routines set the pace of the day. That is why they are so valuable. 

My husband and I have done a lot of research into the most successful people and many of them have a stellar morning routine. This inspired me to create a few of my own. 

Good Days

My alarm goes off on weekdays at 5 a.m. This gives me ample time to get ready for work and have a good breakfast. At five I usually hit snooze and use the whole snooze time to pet my dog, Autumn. When it goes off again I get up very slowly. 

I have a glass of water on my nightstand to sip between the first alarm and when I'm standing. I usually wake up thirsty and this helps. Getting up slowly ensures that I won't feel lightheaded or pass out when I stand. 

After that, I try to do a small workout, shower and get ready on workdays. I make a nice breakfast and listen to the local news while sipping on electrolytes. I read my Bible. I spoil Autumn. I prep the house so that when I get home I can get my chores done quickly. I pack up my lunch and tea for the road and head to work. 

It's a lovely routine that works great for me. Now for the days when I don't feel as well.

Bad Days

When I wake up and feel extremely fatigued, I know that it is likely going to be a bad day. This lets me know that I need to take it even slower and be more mindful as I might faint. 

When I wake up and already don't feel well, I usually text my boss first thing to let her know I won't be there, at least on time. Then I sip the water on my nightstand and often fall back to sleep. 

If I do not fall back to sleep, I sit up slightly so that I can hopefully get going with my day. There is a speaker, my phone, a blood pressure cuff, and a glass of water on my nightstand. This is all so that if I wake up feeling unwell, I have no need to get out of bed right away. I can sit up and listen to an encouraging podcast or Bible reading. If I'm not too dizzy I also crochet during this time. Basically, I indulge in a bunch of self-care before I even get out of bed.

If I feel well enough to get up, I make some tea, eat some breakfast, and start with electrolytes. Often I do not even attempt to shower until later in the day on a bad day as it can trigger fainting. Sometimes the fatigue and general unwellness prevent me from getting out of bed until the afternoon. In this instance, I rely on my husband to bring my liquids and help me with anything I might need. 

In General

On any day, I try to do a few things consistently: 

• Take electrolytes

• Eat a breakfast high in protein and low in carbs

• Try to sneak in some probiotics

• Plan for a nutritious lunch and plenty of salty snacks

• When possible, exercise 

• Engage in something you love right away 

• Keep your house tidy so that it is not too overwhelming when you get up


Please share any great morning routine tips you have in the comments! I'm always looking for new things that help.


Blessings,

Jessica



Comments

Popular Posts