My POTS Symptoms

 Hi there,

Today I thought it would be beneficial to list the specific symptoms I had of POTS before being diagnosed. Here is the list: 

• Dizziness

• Fatigue

• Headaches

• Body aches

• Tremors

• Fainting

• Chest Pain

• Changes in Blood Pressure

• Dramatic increase of heart rate upon standing up

• Nausea

• Blurred vision

•  GI problems

• Feeling "jittery" or nervous

• Frequently waking up during the night, especially with chest pain

• Discoloration of hands & feet; previously diagnosed as Reynaud's Syndrome

• Excessive sweating 


I was diagnosed using four tests: 

• QSART 

• A breath test I can't remember the name of (I am human)

• Valsalva Maneuver 

• Tilt Table Test


The first test felt like stinging nettle. It was a little uncomfortable but not unbearable. The others all almost pushed me over the edge of fainting. For the entire duration of these tests, I had a running EKG and blood pressure & heart rate monitor reading me at all times. Being tied to the tilt table was unnerving because I had the sensation of weak knees for the first time; prior to this, I was always laying down by the time I felt that lightheaded.

After leaving the lab, I was "sickly" for the rest of the day. It was very tiring on my body to test all of these things. 

There are many lists of the symptoms online--I encourage you to look into POTS if you have any combination of these symptoms.


Blessings,

Jessica



Comments

Popular Posts