More Bad Days

 




This year has had its share of bad days for me. I have attended the funerals of three friends. I struggle with setting healthy boundaries with my friends and family. I hate missing work due to illness. I loathe being sick.


Previously, I would get maybe two or three illnesses a year. Usually, a cold and the flu, and pass without a problem. This is the first time I have felt ill enough to miss significant amounts of work. It leaves me feeling guilty and like I am maybe taking advantage of the kindness of the women where I work. Then I remember that if I really was such a burden, they would not keep me there. 

Other times I realize that illness is unavoidable and that everyone encounters it at some point. I just thought it would be when I am older, you know? I thought chronic illness was something I would have as a senior citizen. I did not think that someone who was fit and happy would ever have this.

This thought process is actually quite pervasive, which is probably why it took me so long to be diagnosed with POTS. People always assume that young people are healthy, which makes it tricky to convince a doctor that you are not just depressed or menstruating. It's discouraging to feel sick and then try to persuade a doctor to care. 

The next few posts are going to be about the routines I have on good days and bad days that have helped me. Maybe there is something tucked in there you can use. 


Blessings,

Jessica


Comments

Popular Posts