Finally: A Diagnosis

 


Today is the day I received an official diagnosis of POTS. Neuropathic POTS, to be exact. It's been eight full months coming and I am so relieved to have some answers. Some, not all.

I have not done a lot of research into the different types of POTS. Neuropathic POTS seems like a microscopic neuropathy, which is something I am familiar with because of where I work (acupuncturists help with this a lot). I will most certainly be doing more research into this condition.

For now, the advice from my appointment is: 

• Wear a compression garment on my tummy & hips because this is where blood pools

• Exercise; start with just five minutes a day, three days a week, and try to build up from there. She warned about overexercising though, as this can make symptoms worse

• Eat salt and take electrolytes if needed

• Change positions very slowly; it should take a full ten minutes to get out of bed in the morning

• Try to monitor blood pressure when I faint

• If I faint multiple times in a day, go to the ER or Urgent Care

• She is writing a referral for neurology


The symptoms I experience are still terrible. I think I will make a post with all of them at some point, but my head is too full for that right now. I'm just really happy to have at least a diagnosis.


Blessings,

Jessica


Comments

Popular Posts